The Ultimate Compliment

Well maybe not the ultimate but certainly one of the best I’ve ever received both in content and delivery. Today a fellow church member, a middle aged african american woman approached me and said:

“Girl, I saw you last week and now this week and I just gotta tell you this. You are workin’ that do! You hair looks so pretty. You look so great. Heck, I even gotta say you are lookin’ sexy!”

Yeah, maybe I’ll admit that had me walking on air out to the car.

Comments

8 Responses to “The Ultimate Compliment”

1. AnnetteNo Gravatar on January 25th, 2009 5:38 pm

Cool! I bet that did feel great.

(Much better than when my 6 yr old told me the other day, “The Wii Fit thinks you’re fat.” Thanks, babe.)

Annettes last blog post..April’s Giveaway

2. natalieNo Gravatar on January 25th, 2009 9:02 pm

LOL! I miss that ward! I’m glad you could hear what we all think. Keep workin’ it!

3. Carol VRNo Gravatar on January 25th, 2009 10:06 pm

Keep working it…LOL

4. Jenni OwensNo Gravatar on January 26th, 2009 1:24 am

haha thats so awesome! I read that to my roommate with an accent… hoping I got it right. It had the both of us laughing and so maybe I did it wrong haha but, I must say you were my inspiration in cutting my hair, cause yours looked so good!

Jenni Owenss last blog post..

5. kailaniNo Gravatar on January 26th, 2009 4:43 am

For some reason I enjoy compliments from other females more than from males. Maybe it’s because I know it must be sincere since they probably aren’t hitting on me. :-)

6. KathieNo Gravatar on January 26th, 2009 12:46 pm

You did look awesome yesterday. I love your new haircut. And your sweater was adorable.

7. KimberlyNo Gravatar on January 26th, 2009 2:05 pm

Wow! That’d send me to cloud seventy-three, it would!

Kimberlys last blog post..Negative

8. An Ordinary MomNo Gravatar on January 26th, 2009 5:10 pm

And you deserved that compliment :) !!

An Ordinary Moms last blog post..Wishes of a Three Year Old Boy

Got something to say? Please keep it kind and clean. Otherwise I might have to share your email address with the spammers... Kidding. Kidding. Your email address will never be shared with anyone. But if your comment is inappropriate it will be deleted.