Original Piano Compositions

I haven’t really written any new pieces for 9 years now. Everything I wrote was between 14-18 years of age. Maybe I’ll try to come up with something new sometime. For now, here is the first piano piece I ever wrote. I was 14. I still don’t have a name for it. I also don’t know why my video program keeps cutting off the S in my last name. How annoying!

SaraSeptember 15th, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Pretty - I like the slower tempo towards the end. :) Thank you for sharing!

BeckySeptember 15th, 2009 at 1:04 pm

(did the website eat my last comment? I don’t see it!)

I think it’s *so* lovely, Summer! I think if I were playing it myself, I would get completely lost in it. I love it!

It makes me think of a young woman walking through a wooded mountainside. I can hear the notes of your piece flowing like wind rustling the trees and the grasses around her, picking up her hair and her loose clothing, swirling everywhere. I think she feels melancholy about her life and situation… but I also hear a lot of undertones of power and resolution through it, like she’s finding within her some determination and sense of direction. Sad, but strong. :heart:

SummerSeptember 15th, 2009 at 1:54 pm

I think you captured the gist of who I am there Becky. Especially at that time in my life. Melancholy but with a quiet resolve to push forward through the darkness.

Gramma DuckySeptember 15th, 2009 at 3:47 pm

So beautiful to hear it again. I remember listening to you while you composed it. There was one place you always would accidently play the wrong notes, but they were actually the most beautiful notes of the whole piece. So you worked them in and it sounded beautiful.

LaurelSeptember 15th, 2009 at 9:06 pm

What a talented young lady you were! And, I might add, you still are. You never cease to amaze me! I really liked it.

LyndiLouSeptember 16th, 2009 at 7:32 pm

:happy: Thanks for sharing Summer!!! I agree with Becky… about the undertones of power and even peace. I love the constant movement. That’s something I’ve noticed about you… you’re always moving forward. You’ve had experiences and feelings that could have stopped you right in your tracks, but instead you dust yourself off and keep right on going… and you do so with grace and beauty! :) You are wonderful and so is your song!

Richelle FSeptember 17th, 2009 at 10:58 am

Very pretty!

An Ordinary MomSeptember 17th, 2009 at 9:02 pm

Wow! Your talents are endless! It is very difficult to compose music, but this sounds amazing.

MallorieSeptember 18th, 2009 at 10:15 am

WOW! You are so talented. I loved it. Thank you for sharing. :)

WhitneySeptember 20th, 2009 at 1:41 am

I love that song! I miss hearing you play. I’m so glad you recorded it. Can’t you get it published or something?

Dian DannerSeptember 20th, 2009 at 5:35 pm

Summer, I just heard this today. I am not musically inclined in any way as you already know, but oh how lovely that piece is. I could listen to it all day long. Is there anything that you can’t do?? You should do more composing.
Love, Grams

kennaSeptember 21st, 2009 at 5:26 am

Beautiful!

StephanieOctober 9th, 2009 at 6:59 pm

What a beautiful piece! I can’t believe you wrote it when you were 14. You are very talented.

randiOctober 11th, 2009 at 1:25 pm

I just LOVE this song!!! I miss hearing you play. By the way, where are the earrings named after ME???? Is Whitney you’re favorite now? What is this???? Love ya.

Kane BarrettOctober 30th, 2009 at 7:56 pm

I love it. It’s like the feeling you get when thinking of a pleasant memory.