Homemade Jewelry

A year or so ago I decided I wanted to learn how to make jewelry. I bought a basics book, some necessary supplies and set to work. I can’t tell you how incredibly easy it really is. I mean really really easy. And so much cheaper than buying from Claire’s or something. And the best part? When you find an awesome shirt like this:

060small

You don’t have to search high and low for jewelry that matches. You just buy some beads and make it:

068small
Carved cinnabar, blue dyed howlite and silver plated spirals.

082small

Or say you have a lovely shirt like this:

093small

Dress it up with a homemade necklace:

118small
Freshwater pearls of assorted size and hue, faux lapiz lazuli and aventurine

094small

Mrs. OrganicMay 5th, 2010 at 12:13 am

I love your choices, especially the splash of red. You are talented, girlie. :smile:

*LyndiLou*May 5th, 2010 at 1:07 am

You never cease to amaze me! Both are just beautiful!

LeslieMay 5th, 2010 at 10:35 am

I have been thinking for a long time I needed to try making jewelery because I love it, I just don’t want to spend tons of money to accessorize. Thanks for your links. Your jewelery is so beautiful - you are so artistic!!! :biggrin:

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Liza Love Designs. Liza Love Designs said: Homemade Jewelry | summersnook.com http://is.gd/bUHal [...]

NatalieMay 6th, 2010 at 12:25 pm

You. Are. Really. Awesome!
There is no end to your awesomeness!

loniMay 16th, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Very nice! Although, do you really find it cheaper? I made a LOT of jewelry (the kind that was popular 10 years ago) and I got so fed up with the cost of beads. I finally just decided that it was cheaper to buy jewelry. Are you finding a significant savings? Like what would you estimate that those necklaces cost you?

JenniferOctober 19th, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Those are beautiful! I love the blue shirt, AND the necklace you made to go with it. I’ve been thinking about trying some jewelry…you make it sound so easy! Thanks for sharing your beautiful designs. :biggrin: